Franchised Event Operations Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180021NO
Job Category Event Management
Location Marriott Orlando Downtown, Orlando, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://marriottorlandodowntown.snaphire.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, United Capital Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We have transformed this hotel with a complete renovation and re-opened as the dazzling Marriott Orlando Downtown, conveniently located adjacent to the downtown UCF campus and nestled in the future Creative Village. We are looking for an Event Operations Manager for our hotel that features 297 redesigned guest rooms and 15,992 square feet of sophisticated meeting accommodations.
Our Event Operations Manager is the Host behind the party action. They enjoy all the details that make the event flawless and memorable for the guests. They have the passion to direct and motivate the associates that provide excellent service to the guests. They have a knack with managing the financial statement. They are pro-active and hands-on leaders, that like to train, communicate and plan a strategy to accomplish departmental goals.
- Manage the daily operations of the Banquet Department, including guiding and motivating the banquet staff to ensure a successful operation resulting in a memorable group experience.
- Ensure optimal staffing levels, quality and hospitality are provided to the guests.
- Maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all meeting details are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a wonderful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Maintain constant communication with the Sales and Event managers on the group.
- Ensure the functions and meetings are set up timely, ensuring the details in the Banquet Event Order are followed carefully.
- Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet dcor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups.
- Communicate information to the kitchen prior to and during events.
- Implement a banquet training plan for Banquet staff to ensure a high quality presentation, consistent product for the guest, and brilliant Guest service.
- Reviews Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges.
- Proactively meet event planner during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service and hospitality, and overall experience.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, and concerns presented in person or through comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Evaluate levels of Event satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Post and communicate all guest satisfaction results including all Event satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Understand associate and Event satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Set the tone and help your banquet captains to lead their talented and innovative teams. Clear the way for them to guide, inspire, transform conflict into effective problem solving, enabling cohesive teams to ensure optimal guest experience and realize business and financial goal achievement.
- Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality Guest service.
- Help manage the inventory, control and breakage/loss reduction of china, glass and silver as it relates to banquet services and banquet services. Responsible for monthly scheduling and payroll for the Banquet Department.
- Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
- Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Follow procedures for processing payroll correctly to ensure correct payment of associate paychecks.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures staff understands and complies with local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Perform all other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Display a positive, hands on leadership style to attract, retain and motivate the associates; hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Strong communication skills
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Desired Qualifications
- Five years Banquet or F&B Experience experience.
- Two years Banquet or F&B management experience.
- College degree preferred
- Experience using CI/TY a plus.
- Marriott Orlando Downtown is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. M/F/V/D
This company is an equal opportunity employer.