Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180021NI
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Renaissance Reno Downtown Hotel, Reno, Nevada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people that’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Supervise and direct the daily financial activities of the Hotel. Ensure documentation is processed accurately and submitted timely to Management Company Headquarters. Assist Headquarters Staff with Month End Closings and other projects as may be required from time to time.
FINANCIAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
- Implement corporate accounting procedures and policies.
- Monitor all sales, purchases and expenses of the Hotel through various accounting techniques, use of budget and in coordination with General Manager.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise and assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Prepare, review and present the daily, weekly and monthly operating reports.
- Enforce internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, Hotel equipment, the granting of credit for direct bill accounts, master keys and personnel records.
- Assist GM in developing hotel budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Utilize budgets to teach team supervisors to understand financial objectives. Balancing costs and efficiencies with associate/ guest satisfaction and quality.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, the night audit process, petty cash, payroll, inventories, purchasing and receiving procedures, maintenance of the departmental checkbook.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- Supervise the operation of the time clock and payroll systems.
- Complete daily and monthly reports requested by Management Company Headquarters.
- Train and supervise accounting department staff.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team members’ ever changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Assist guests with any accounting related problem such as credit card charges and direct billing.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM or Corporate Controller:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.