Franchised Maintenance Technician
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180021MU
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Waterline Marina Resort & Beach Club, Autograph Collection, Holmes Beach, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service and repair of equipment as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest/residents requests, other work orders as assigned as well as the outside grounds upkeep and building cleanliness. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, etc., as assigned.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests, residents and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Mainsail Lodging & Development standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of Mainsail Beach Inn.
- Sand, stain/paint & maintain beach furniture to keep in excellent repair.
- Empty garbage bins daily & maintain bins in a like new condition.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Mainsail Lodging & Development standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Follow all resort complex and departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and safety hazards immediately/assists with safety concerns.
- Handle and complete guest /owner maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair & upkeep of equipment.
- Replace A/C filters on a quarterly basis maintain filter log.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest/owners units to include: vinyl repair, touch up paint, minor furniture repair, tub caulking, tile repairs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines, refrigerators, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, HVAC.
- Perform plumbing repair, laundry equipment repair, preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause - determine emergency status and report to the Engineering Manager with findings.
- Keep assigned equipment and work areas clean and orderly
- Do regular property tours of garden and full exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically, sweep shell & rock area so they look tidy & clean out guest wash stations regularly.
- Complete all appropriate Maintenance forms, and maintain accurate maintenance logs for inspections
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Use proper two way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Hotel Performance
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Maintenance or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred but not required (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, A/C, etc.).
- Must have a valid drivers license for the applicable state.
- Ability to use technology
This company is an equal opportunity employer.