Food & Beverage Team Leader
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180021MH
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Work for a global, award winning hotel company
5 star hotel located in the Melbourne CBD
Great benefits and career development opportunities
The Food & Beverage Department is responsible for providing an exemplary service to guests visiting our hotel’s Food & Beverage venues.
- Responsible for the running of the shift, coordinating the Restaurant and In Room Dining simultaneously and conducting pre service briefings.
- Coordinate and supervise all associates on assigned shifts.
- Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
- Opening and closing the outlet in accordance with department procedures.
- Operating the point of sale system and accurately performing cashiering responsibilities.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all sections and service periods throughout the Restaurant and In Room Dining.
- Handle basic customer concerns and complaints with empathy and understanding according to Hotel Standards.
- Understand and implement all legislation in regards to the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
As someone who prides themselves on delivering personalised service to guests, the ideal candidate will have strong time management skills, previous leadership experience in a similar position and have a comprehensive understanding of operations within an upmarket restaurant environment. You will possess leadership and management skills, and have a willingness to use your initiative and solve problems. As someone who enjoys taking ownership, you will have strong communication skills and a desire to succeed while maintaining your high standards. All candidates must be available to work a rotating roster including public holidays and weekends and must have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate.
Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne
Associate recognition programs
Discount CBD parking
World class training programs
Strategic career development opportunities