Business Development Executive
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180021CJ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Aloft London Excel, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Working with these five unique and well defined London Brands will unlock an outstanding opportunity to build an emotional connection with our guests and create superior service experiences. From the world of entertainment, at W Leicester Square to the world of pure tradition, at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, there is always something new to discover.
As a company that cares about your success, Marriott has developed integrated Talent Management processes that will ultimately lead you rising to the top of your career.
We strive to challenge our associates to develop through our world-class learning and development programs, which will support you in your Marriott Journey.
Go the extra step, play as a team, do the right thing…This is the Marriott Way!
The Business Development Executive (Aloft ExCel) is responsible for sourcing and securing new business for the Aloft London ExCel to achieve assigned segment targets and drive profitable revenue to support the hotel’s group, corporate and C&B selling strategies. The successful candidate should understand and assist with maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, support new business opportunities at a hotel level and utilise their on-property base to their advantage to obtain the latest market intelligence from competitors and local businesses, as well as companies hosting events within ExCel.
Education and Experience
· 1-2 years in similar above property or hotel based sales role preferred
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Sales and Marketing
· Penetrate and grow business of new accounts based on targets set in conjunction with key stakeholders.
· Enhanced focus on group and C&B revenues
· Actively re-solicit non-owned events to identify new business opportunities
· Execute sales activity and strategy to achieve agreed new business targets for the hotel (and brand, where appropriate - refer all other new business opportunities (including Complex hotels) through the MI Leads programme)
· Support corporate team to secure new LNR transient accounts
· Execute sales strategy to achieve goals
· Make themselves available for last-minute site inspections and VIP preparations for any new or existing customers
· Support the corporate & group team in creating ‘WOW’ site inspections and customer events.
· Hotel Communication – is main onsite contact for walk-in inspections. Updates hotel on the status of their accounts and pending business and ensures follow-through and property “buy in” on customers service needs.
· Assumes leadership role, as requested by line manager, on ad hoc task forces and special projects, including developing processes to identify potential new accounts including (but not limited to) competitor shop calls, LinkedIn activity and ExCel floor walks.
· Maintains accurate and up to date account data and reporting using Opera reports.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers for the hotel to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, site inspections etc.
· Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
· Transfers accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments at the properties.
· Effectively resolves customer issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership team as appropriate.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
§ Computer Skills
§ Team Work
§ Interpersonal Skills
§ Customer Service Orientation
§ Diversity Relations
§ English Language Proficiency
§ Telephone Etiquette Skills
§ Applied Reading
§ Positive Demeanor
§ Detail Orientation
§ Time Management
§ Planning and Organizing
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.