Franchised Director of Catering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020QZ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Courtyard Los Angeles Westside, Culver City, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online: https://careers.hhmhospitality.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hersha Hospitality Trust. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Analyze banquet event orders, to ensure that all room set-ups, equipment, supplies, staffing and menus meet/exceed customer's expectations.
- Recommend, implement, monitor, and control the banquet budget and coordinate with event budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with sales and convention services, special packages, and create new menus and themes within corporate guidelines.
- Ensure that Hershas cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor and control the maintenance of the meeting space and equipment to protect hotel assets and ensure a safe work environment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHMs EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Optimize catering sales and achieve guest satisfaction in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
- Associate or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related sales experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge of food/wine is essential.
- Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching stooping kneeling, or crouching.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.