Franchised Catering Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020QC
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, Montgomery, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As the local, on property sales/catering contact for customers, the Catering Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities. Manages group/catering opportunities not handled by the Event Booking Center. Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible to learn how to support Marriottâ€™s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of Marriott International, across the enterprise.
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- 2-3 years Resort experience, brand experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to understand and execute and support Marriott Customer Service Standards and PCH Standards
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively upsell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
This company is an equal opportunity employer.