Franchised Executive Meeting Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020Q8
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, Hoover, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online : www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
As the local, on property sales/catering contact for customers, the Executive Meeting Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing small group/catering-related opportunities and servicing such accounts. Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Responsible to learn how to support Marriotts Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the sales, event and post event phases of hotel events. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of PCH Hotels and Resorts, across the enterprise.
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Resort experience, brand experience
- Ability to understand and execute and support Marriott Customer Service Standards and PCH Standards
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Superior guest relations skills
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively upsell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of food trends, food presentation, menu planning and banquet and event service operations
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- GSO interaction
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including CI/TY, SFA, NGS, Delphi, etc.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.