Franchised Event Meeting Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020Q5
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Miami, Miami, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, MDM Hotel Group, Ltd. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments, and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of hotel events; primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- High school diploma and/or equivalent.
- College degree and/or equivalent job experience preferred.
- At least 1 year corporate event planning experience in luxury property hotel required.
- Outgoing personality.
- Marriott background a plus.
- PMS, NGS and MARSHA experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of food and beverage compositions, understanding of contract managements and legalities, DOC 2000. Operational knowledge and appreciation of operational challenges.
- Computer literate, excellent verbal and written communications.
- Good organizational skills. Ability to explain instructions, procedures or information to other effectively. Ability to work well under pressure.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.