Franchised Senior Event Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020PQ
Job Category Event Management
Location Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa, Point Clear, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments, and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of hotel events. Ensures all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Broad understanding of facility management (sanitation, maintenance, operations)
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of contract management and legalities
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective influence skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.