Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020DS
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Residence Inn Wilmington Downtown, Wilmington, Delaware VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canon Hospitality Management LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Come join Canon Hospitality Management on its exciting adventure of operating up our Brand-New Residence Inn by Marriott in Wilmington, Delaware. We are delighted to announce that we are seeking an outstanding Director of Sales to lead the sales and marketing efforts at our newest 96-room all suite property.
Your position and success is critical to the hotels opening and ongoing operations. This is an advanced level position designed to lead the sales efforts in the solicitation of new corporate, extended stay, transient, group, and meeting room business. The relationships you built will support the sales targets and goals set by CHM for this outstanding hotel. The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales/marketing and advertising tasks, public relations and administrative reporting.
- Direct and supervise the administration and ensure timely completion of the Sales Department activities including, RFPs, Qualifiers, Marketing Plans, Business Case, Outside Sales Calls, Cold Calls, etc.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the Operations of the hotel, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOPs, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies. to meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D Program.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all accounts and evaluate trends within market.
- Support the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Develop strategies to increase share shift from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your propertys computerized sales management system to manage the hotels business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Direct preparation of the monthly Rooms Revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy.
- Hotel Sales Experience (Opening Experience Preferred)
- Supervisory experience
- Must have a valid drivers license in the applicable state.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Comply with CHM regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Proven success in hotel sales.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.