Hostess - Bussola
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020C1
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
Bussola Restaurant is a modern Italian cuisine in a traditional menu concept for lunch and dinner, a simple fresh modern menu of pastas, fresh seafood, pizzas and refreshing desserts. Upper terrace used for regular guests and private groups in the evening with extensive pizza and antipasto menu to be accommodated
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the orderly workflow of the dining room to ensure quality service. Greet guest promptly and courteously. Ensure that guest checks are handled accurately, efficiently and in compliance with Marriott policy and procedures. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Answer telephones according to the standards and take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
- Anticipate the needs of guests, respond accordingly to guest inquiries or problems, and recognize regular guests by name and utilize the guest’s name consistently.
- Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition and appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials.
- Complete special projects (menu changes, signage, etc) as instructed.
- To be fully conversant with all Food and Beverage policies and procedures.
- Able to work any shift that is assigned to him/her by Management or Supervisor
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her.
- Reports and handles all complaints, concerns or special requests of guests.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ensure to comply with the grooming standard.
To move into this position you should have
- The selected Candidate should be able to join on 15th September
- Must have at minimum 6 months experience in the position, more experience prefeable
- Excellence in communication skills, fluency in English and preferably another Russian speaker.
- Food and Beverage knowledge
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
- Take initiatives, self confidence
- Customer service orientation, build relationship and take ownership
- Share best practice and support for any change
- Good computer skills.