Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020BC
Job Category Brand Management
Location Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn, Bethany Beach, Delaware VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=37267TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment for week day and weekend, and a forecast of local market conditions and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice President and the corporate sales staff.
- Ensure that sales, front office and reservation staffs are kept informed of rate structure, and know how to implement yield management policies and procedures. Train front desk staff to successfully perform all front office operations, and revenue management and central reservations procedures. Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Use assigned franchise revenue management system to achieve maximum revenue.
- Be able to assist the general manager and department heads to produce the annual budget by forecasting changes in operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in accordance with business demand levels, and control utility expenses in accordance with energy management and building operations standards.
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly GOP and NOI (EBIDTA). Explain the causes for budget variances of controllable expenses, take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Protect the company's financial assets by properly administering company policies and procedures for handling cash, credit card, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions in the absence of the general manager. Also, properly administer company policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and associates.
- Receive satisfactory scores for internal audits and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing.
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts, pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the products and services they received. Personally handle difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of poor guest service before guests leave the property. Personally respond to guest complaint letters and comment cards in accordance with company standards.
- Manage the 100% guarantee process (if applicable) in accordance with standards, and eliminate service issues that result in repeated invocations of the guarantee.
- Manage the franchise frequent guest program (guest rewards program) in accordance with franchise / company policies and procedures.
- Receive satisfactory scores from franchise or independent satisfaction surveys, (OSAT, GSS, GSI, SALT, Medalia) and RHG's mystery shopper program, and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate and manage associates whom you have been assigned to deliver guest services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions and fair treatment of associates. Conduct wage surveys to provide input to annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is offering competitive wages.
- When assigned potential management candidates and trainees, assist in the training and development of these candidates in accordance with Human Resources programs and guidelines.
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional manner and in accordance with all company policies including standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of interest.
- Receive satisfactory scores for associate satisfaction surveys and take corrective action to correct any deficiencies. Maintain acceptable levels of associate turnover.
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of the hotel in accordance with established quality control standards.
- Provide input to the annual capital budget (CAPEX), then assist the management team to manage the implementation within company guidelines and fiscal parameters of owner approved plan and budget. All CAPEX plans must consider franchise standard compliance, safety and security for guests and associates, projects providing profitable returns on investment.
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick fix programs in accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by franchise or independent inspection results and mystery shopper program, and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Flexible in work hours/days. Must be able to travel.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions in order to provide service to internal and external customers.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, RHG reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technical development.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.