Franchised Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020AC
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Ventura Beach Marriott, Ventura, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Brighton Management, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
The Ventura Beach Marriott is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Guest Services Manager to join the award winning team. This is a full time exempt position.
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Director of Hotel Operations
Position Summary: To maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge and garage services may also report to this position.
Essential Job Functions:
To maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge and garage services may also report to this position.
- Supervise Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training, and development. Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Maintain standards of guest service quality. Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments. Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
- Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel. Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Manage the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Receive departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
- Ensure staff uses guest interaction skills. Reward employees who meet/exceed guest expectations.
Other duties as assigned.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
EXPERIENCE: Preferred, 2+ years in the hospitality setting and 2+ years in supervisory role
Excellent customer service skills
Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, experience, and opinion.
Plan and organize the work of others.
Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.