Franchised Learning & Development Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZVV
Job Category Human Resources
Location Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, Turnberry, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : HR@trumpturnberry.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, The Trump Organization. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland is waiting to receive applications from experienced Learning & Development Managers ready to join our illustrious 112 year history. Be part of the spellbinding story...
To provide a value-adding, proactive and supportive learning, development and training function for all associates, contributing to the successful delivery of the resorts goals relating to quality standards, associate satisfaction, guest satisfaction and profitability. To develop cost effective and innovative training initiatives, which embrace both Marriott International & Trump Hotel values and support associates to achieve both their work and personal professional goals.
- Develop an effective annual Training Plan which meets the needs of associates as outlined in appraisals and assists in achieving the resort goals and objectives.
- Plan and structure the resorts annual training budget and ensure all training expenses are kept in line with this budget, adjusting planned expenses/actions in line with changing resort requirements.
- Develop and conduct training courses scheduled in the training calendar, tailoring courses where appropriate to meet requirements of the resort.
- In conjunction with Director of Engineering & Security, ensure all mandatory Fire, Life Safety, First Aid and other H&S/ Security training requirements are carried out in accordance with legislation and company guidelines.
- Responsible for coordinating the induction training program including Service Culture training and tailoring the program to meet resort requirements.
- In conjunction with associates managers and through referring to Individual Development Plans (from associate appraisals), create effective development plans for associates, identifying key training requirements and cross training objectives.
- Work cooperatively with managers on creating and delivering improvement plans identified from all quality audits.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all resort training to ensure maximum benefit from training courses and identify future training needs.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Human Resource Management or Hospitality Management preferable.
- Eligibility to work within the UK is essential.
- Must be able to communicate comfortably in both, written and spoken English.
- Previous operational or training experience within a luxury hotel environment preferred
- Experience of developing & delivering training programmes essential
- Knowledge of budgetary process and experience of managing a training budget
- Must demonstrate an ability to develop strong working relationships with others by being fair, open, reliable and consistent
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and flexibility within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Subsidised staff accommodation (if required).
- Uniforms - a uniform will be provided and selected items will be laundered at the Company's expense.
- Meals on duty - you will be entitled to a complimentary meal in the staff canteen whilst on duty on the Resort.
- Explore Program - Associate discounted room rates, available to you and your immediate family.
- Employee Assistance Programme â€“ offering a range of Employee Assistance Help Lines.
- Resort Facilities - free use of resort facilities including the Spa Pool & Gym and Golf facilities (certain restrictions apply).
- On-going company Training and Development.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.