Franchised Art Gallery Director
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZVQ
Job Category Retail & Gift Shops
Location Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, Savannah, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online : www.kesslercareers.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Gallery Director is to support the operations of the Art Gallery. Areas of oversight include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Website, Inventory Management, Art Sourcing, Art Curation, Artwork Care, Gallery Sales Volume, Client Outreach, Expansion, and Retention. Key success factors include support of gallery operations, inventory management, and marketing to ensure sales goals are achieved at the Gallery.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the operations of the Gallery department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Correct sales tickets (directors, controllers, salespeople) and commissions percentage as needed
- Help with credit/exchange sales transactions
- Maintains proper tracking of all merchandise sold at the Gallery
- Train Consultants on Point of Sale Systems
- Submit transfer reports/invoices to controllers
- Enter RTAs (Return to Artist)
- Follow up on payment status with vendors and property controllers
- Manage inventory, including ordering all approved owned jewelry and merchandise for the gallery
- Follow up on payment status with vendors, corporate controllers, and property controllers
- Review submissions by vendors and new artists for potential representation in the gallery, with Corporate Gallery Director
- Set/send marketing timeline to marketing department and directors
- Manage client records, including merging records, updating client history/interests, adding affiliations to client history, marking clients inactive, purging bad email/mailing addresses
- Pull mailing and email lists from SpinnSoft and submit with marketing requests
- Manager website to ensure art inventory is up to date
- Submit Artist Consignment statements on a monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Knowledge of art and curating collections of art.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems to track and monitor financial results.
- Special Knowledge of gallery/retail operations systems and reporting.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to devise and execute short and long term strategic plans.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Gallery Sales Consultants
- Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience and/or training equivalent required
- Fine Art Sales Experience required
- Hospitality or related industry experience preferred
- 3 years of Gallery or 5 years of luxury sales experience required
- Experience in similar size organizations preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.