Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZVP
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Ghent Marriott Hotel, Ghent, Oost Vlaanderen VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interstate Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- The Pro Active Sales manager promotes, sells and books all hotel facilities. She/He is constantly looking for new potential clients and keeps an excellent relation ship with the local market with focus on the corporate Market. Closing deals and constantly looking for new leads are her/his passion and motivation. Our guests expect you to have a smart, neat appearance which reflects the highest standards of Marriott and Holiday Inn Express. Attitude should be one of confidence and professionalism whilst recognising that customer satisfaction is of paramount importance. This individual will recognise that team effort and excellent communications skills are the keys to success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and sells the hotel facilities outside the hotel during sales calls, international), sales blitzes, cold calls and other commercial actions and projects
- Responsible to exceed the budget and drive revenue in all different outlets of the hotel
- Increases market share in existing markets and maximise new business development opportunities
- Develops and continually enhances relationship with internal and external customers, industry/community = organizations, peers, professional associations
- Surveys, reviews and analyzes competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in an effort to develop/modify new plans, actions and programs
- Maintains a longterm relationship with all accounts in portfolio as well as with global sales offices key account managers of Marriott and the Ghent CVB
- Participates at weekly sales meetings when not abroad; to conclude sales and to assist the Conference and Events Manager by selling the hotel and closing the deal
- Networks via MPI, SITE and others
- Analyses on a monthly basis the accounts production report and acts accordingly to increase revenues
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Education: Hotel Management degree or equivalent experience
- Experience:Experience in sales, preferably hotel sales and/or Corporate MICE Experience Skills:Working knowledge of Sales, Marketing and/or Revenue Management
- Excellent commercial skills
- Persuasiveness and conviction (can convince the client to close the deal)
- Excellent communication skills, speaks fluently Dutch, English and French and strong written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the hotel Image
- Considerable ability to listen effectively
- Ability to perform critical analysis : ability to manage extensive amounts of information and provides constructive feedback/direction;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints
- Flexibility related to job & working hours.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.