Director of Rooms
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZVK
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, Surfers Paradise, Queensland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
We are seeking an experienced Director of Rooms at the stunning 5-star Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort and Spa. Reporting to the General Manager, The Director of Rooms has overall responsibility for the strategic operation of the hotel’s rooms department. In this role, you will oversee and ultimately be responsible for the successful daily operation of 4 departments (Front Office, At Your Service, Concierge, Laundry) and 3 outsourced departments (Housekeeping, Public Area Cleaning and Security) ensuring brand standard service and product is maintained. With a large team which makes this all happen, you will be responsible for their development, training and ensuring each individual is reaching their full potential in their careers at Marriott.
If you have a 5 star attitude towards service and enjoy working in a fast-paced hospitality environment, this is the job for you!
· Leading Teams
· Managing Profitability
· Managing Revenue Goals
· Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
The successful candidate will have:
· working rights in Australia.
· completed a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel Management, or another related major
· at least 2 years’ experience in a managerial role in guest services, front desk, housekeeping, management operations, or related professional area of a similar 5 star international hotel.
· demonstrated skills in leading and generating enthusiastic teams
· a burning desire to be part of a winning team!
When you join Marriott, your career opportunities can soar to new heights. Marriott is experiencing huge growth and change in Australia over the next 5 years, and opportunities will be endless for the right candidate. As the Director of Rooms at the Marriott Surfers Paradise Resort and Spa, you will enjoy:
· Free onsite parking
· Free dry cleaning
· Discounted meals
· Associate Explore Discounts across the Marriott Portfolio worldwide
· World class training and strategic career development opportunities and a sense of pride in knowing that you are part of a high performing team.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.