Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZV6
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, Memphis, Tennessee VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Schulte Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job purpose of Hotel Maintenance Engineer is responsible for all common areas, meeting spaces, restaurant, bar, sauna, fitness center, pool area and hotel guestroom preventative maintenance and assists & train associates in the repairs and maintenance of hotel equipment including mechanical equipment such as pumps and motors for example.
- Making sure the associates respond to all guests requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Making sure the grounds area are kept up.
- Ensuring that the associates have completed the work order requests in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all mechanical areas are in an orderly and clean condition.
- Inspect public areas daily for any issues
- Ensuring after hours on-call availability if an issue arises, available some weekends
- Ensuring that associates have provided maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices.
- Additional responsibilities of oversight are: plumbing, kitchen, mechanical, laundry, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs
- Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
- Manager the progressive discipline process.
- Ensure payroll is accurate.
- High School diploma in technical or minimum from technical senior high school with minimum of two years of experience in similar position.
- AHLA Educational Institute Certification would be a plus.
- Minimum of 2-years working as a Hotel Chief Engineer .
- General administrative tasks are also preferred. (Microsoft office applications)
- Must be able to understand and speak English.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.