Painters (General & Spray Painting)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZKQ
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort, Maldives, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Marriott employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Provide a support service to the Engineering Managers to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the department.
· Responsible to perform painting work throughout the hotel including, but not limited to:
a) Wood finishing, staining and polishing
b) Repairs to sheet plaster and solid walls.
c) Perform painting work with enamel, emulsion or epoxy two pack applications as required to match existing finish.
d) Proficient in colour matching, touch up refinishing of furniture.
e) Application and repairs to both vinyl and fabric wall and ceiling coverings.
f) Performs spray painting of furniture, equipment and hotel areas as required.
· Responsible for preparation of all surfaces prior to application of paint, wall covering or varnish
· Responsible for guest requests for repairs to guestrooms.
· Carrying out repairs to public areas based on individuals technical knowledge and experience.
· Responsible for performing “Everything in working order” program in public areas.
· Carry out preventative maintenance inspections as per computerised system.
· Review daily logbook, rectify or follow up on all items left unsolved from any previous shifts in relation to painted surface repairs, discuss the same with the Engineering managers.
· Perform cleaning and tidying of all Hotel engineering related areas including plant rooms, electrical, information systems and plumbing riser shafts, storerooms and engineering workshops.
· Ensure proper measures are taken to protect the environment through correct disposal of chemicals related to painting and decorating and the Hotel’s adherence to it.
· Ensure Fire and Engineering safety features operate at peak efficiency.
· Maintain all workshop tools and equipment for the running of painter’s workshop functions. Raise purchase orders as required.
· Attend hotel and engineering specific meetings as required.
· To comply with the grooming and uniform standards as per employee handbook / policy and procedure.
· Attend training courses and workshops as scheduled.
· Participates as a pro-active team member in the Hotel’s Energy conservation program by making appropriate recommendations to Engineering supervisors on energy conservation improvements.
· Becomes thoroughly familiar with Hotel’s emergency procedures and perform assigned duties per Hotel and departmental procedures.
· Ensure compliance with legislated workplace heath and safety requirements
· Comply with all Starwood and Hotel specific Standards and Procedures.
· Promote by example the principles of “Starwood Cares”.
· Ensure all requests for maintenance are carried out within an acceptable time frame.
· Assist all engineering associates with maintenance and repairs when required.
· Perform painting works as per manufactures recommendations.
· Repairs and maintenance to the physical building structure including minor installation work as and when required.
· Perform all assigned tasks to ensure the works have been completed in a reasonable time frame and to a standard pertaining to the hotel and as set by the Engineering management.
· Establish a painting schedule with all formula and colour codes, and location of each type
· Adhere to all environmental government standards relating to the removal of unused painting materials