Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZKL
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort, Maldives, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Marriott employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Attend to maintenance request, maintenance calls, and repairs related to carpentry works.
· Fabrication of furniture’s and cabinets as requested, varnished or painted as finished product.
· Repair / refurbished any furniture’s brought to carpentry shop or as per maintenance request.
· Maintain pool decks, wooden jetties, and other wooden decks in good condition.
· Checks and records all jobs done in each shift and materials used during their tour of duties.
· Standby on call on emergency carpentry jobs after midnight as per instructions from supervisors and engineer’s in-charge.
· To do some touch up in any areas of the building as per request by supervisor.
· To look after guest safety, and address any guest issues as quickly as possible, ensuring that they are completely happy with the work done.
· To complete activities on the preventive maintenance schedule as specified in hotel plans.
· To look after all the tools supplied by the Hotel in a professional manner, and correctly maintain and deposit them after finishing the shift.
· To clean all work areas after finishing the tasks properly.
· To follow all safety procedures while carrying out any tasks.
· To maintain effective communication with the Shift Leader at all times.
· To actively participate in the energy conservation programs of the Hotel.
· To utilize or recommend usage of all environmentally-friendly products in the work place.
· To suggest cost saving ideas as and when possible, not limited to the Engineering Department.