Kitchen & Laundry Equipment Technician
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZJJ
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort, Maldives, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Marriott employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
· Attend to any faults of all laundry and kitchen equipment.
· Do preventive maintenance and schedule for all Kitchen and laundry equipment so as not disrupt the operations.
· Routine checkup for all laundry and kitchen equipment weekly.
· Work done for each machine and parts should be recorded in a log book for future reference and in the equipment date.
· Attend any faults of all kitchen and laundry equipment
· Routine checkups of all laundry and kitchen equipment and communicate with the cooks or operator the status of the equipment.
· Check and order spare parts required for each machine and equipment and order if necessary to avoid delays in fixing the machine.
· Standby on call in any emergency job after midnight as per duty roster or as required by Director of Engineering.
· Attend daily morning briefing except day off.
· Always think safety when performing your tour of duty
· Maintain cleanliness around the surrounding of Kitchen and laundry work shop and to where the job had been done.
· Assist engineering crews in urgent needs of manpower when necessary.
· Attend duties on time as per duty roster.
· Help and assist engineering crews in times of emergency or in case of fire, natural disaster and calamities.
· To complete activities on the preventive maintenance schedule as specified in hotel plans.
· To look after all the tools supplied by the Hotel in a professional manner, and correctly maintain and deposit them after finishing the shift.
· To clean all work areas after finishing the tasks properly.
· To follow all safety procedures while carrying out any tasks.
· To maintain effective communication with the Shift Leader at all times.
· To actively participate in the energy conservation programs of the Hotel.
· To utilize or recommend usage of all environmentally-friendly products in the work place.
· To suggest cost saving ideas as and when possible, not limited to the Engineering Department.