Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZDR
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Stow, Stow, Ohio VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/4405a1dc
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Latitude Management Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the primary strategic business leader for your assigned property, and will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of: general property performance, as well as food & beverage operations, sales and marketing strategy, profitability, and revenue generation, and human resources activities. This will involve leading your team in the development, and implementation of property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, and delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and company ownership.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Ensuring that service programs are in place and executed (e.g., Refreshing Business, Service Snapshots, Service So Memorable, etc.)
- Providing timely real-time feedback to management, and hourly associates on service and operational standards
- Creating, and supporting clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Monitoring Food and Beverage forecasting, and par levels to reduce waste and maximize Food and Beverage profit margins
- Ensuring that bar and kitchen meet standards of quality with regard to organization, productivity, sanitation, and inventory management
- Working with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.)
- Working with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans
- Developing innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating property performance using a variety of financial/non-financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
- Managing the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participating in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.)
- Conducting day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle)
- Ensuring ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.)
- Actively recruiting and hiring qualified associates
- Keeping brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement
- Performing additional duties as required
We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your locations continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Associates degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelors degree, a plus
- 4 years experience (2 years with a Bachelors degree) in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area
- Experience in implementing payroll and inventory cost controls
- Strong sales and marketing abilities
This company is an equal opportunity employer.