Franchised Conference Services Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZDE
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Needham Hotel, Needham, Massachusetts VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://www.waterton.com/careers/hospitality
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Waterton Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Manage, coordinate, and execute group assignments turned over by the Sales Department:
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that conference specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Monitor conference activities on-site to ensure accurate and timely execution of conference arrangements.
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with organizational standards.
- Cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
- Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
- Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e., room block, cutoff date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with client.
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
- Recommend enhancements and or upgrades to maximize revenue.
- Engage in site visits and/or other client meetings.
- Produce and distribute conference resume prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
- Participate in weekly Sales Meeting, Operations Meeting, BEO Meeting and any other required meetings relevant to role.
- Check sleeping room and suite block, special room concessions and rates as outlined in contract with group reservations agents, as well as updating group rooms coordinator with any changes.
- Verify credit information submitted in account management software system at point of turnover, to include estimated amount of billing, billing type, and appropriate contact and update information as necessary until departure.
- Participate in Pre/Post Conference meetings and review bill with client.
- Professionally represent the hotel by participating in client and industry functions.
- Continually monitor actions of competitive hotels (product quality improvements, supply changes, pricing strategies, service offerings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain rapport with hotel community and key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the industry.
- Maintain a Passion & Drive to outperform the competition.
Basic business acumen for this role includes:
- Analytical Skills Ability to conduct proper research on group rates, food and beverage minimums as well as room rental.
- Sales Skills Possesses strong ability to influence and/or persuade buying decisions and to close sales or gain commitment from others; creates good rapport and exhibits the ability to grow and maintain key partnerships.
- Communication Has both verbal and written skills, in order to effectively execute meetings and events this includes keeping the appropriate departments informed with BEOs and other necessary information; actively listens to extract essential information in order to maximize revenue and execute successful meetings and events.
- Advanced Organizational Skills - Ability to determine priority tasks and maintain strong attention to detail.
Job Specific Requirements, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Working at a faster than average pace for most of work day. Must be able to adapt/adjust to continual changes and variety.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process. Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and in detail.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Lively and incisive communication persuasive in style.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the associate contributing towards individual and team goals.
- Desire to participate as part of a team. Action oriented collaboration required.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Complete knowledge of hotel rooms and meeting related services available to guests.
- Understanding of the group sales process.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Manage group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained
This company is an equal opportunity employer.