Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001YWE
Job Category Event Management
Location Vienna Marriott Hotel, Vienna, Austria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
· Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
· Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
· Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
· Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
· Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
· Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
· Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
· Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
· Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
· Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
· Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
· Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
· Follows up with customer post-event.
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
· Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
· Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.