Franchised Associate Director of Events & Catering
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001YQP
Job Category Event Management
Location Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, Lincolnshire, Illinois VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Bricton Group, Inc. (The). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Solicit and contract local catering only functions while maximizing the banquet space to meet and exceed catering revenue goals. Position is responsible for contracting and executing local catering business.
Current Market is: Corporate groups less than 10 rooms per night, Golf outings, Holiday Parties, Proms, Formals, Dinner Theater, Birthday & Anniversary events and Military.
Provide leadership and direction to the team of event managers to grow and to drive revenues. The Associate Director of Events & Catering works with the DOE to assist the management and leadership of all aspects of the Event Management department in accordance with company and brand standards. Assists in the coordination of details and menus for clients' functions and maintains budgeted revenues through solicitation/upselling of business. Ensures the highest level of service by training and developing staff and executing the requirements of events based on standards. Responsible for achieving and maintaining guest and employee satisfaction loyalty.
As a department leader, maintains accountability for achieving revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction and overall financial resort performance.
Recommends program and procedural changes.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet and ideally exceed sales goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate and hotel procedures, products and competition, including their strengths and weaknesses, to continually improve sales strategies and achieve goals.
- Verifies that property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while delivering high quality service.
- Effective resolution of guest issues that arise
- Implement the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service of excellent throughout each customer experience.
- Achieves and exceeds catering goals by up-selling each business opportunity
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to maintain guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program or event
- Professional and positive communication to both guests and fellow employees.
- Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
- Ability to manage and direct staff.
- Catering Sales in hospitality industry for a minimum of 4 years
- Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy requiring excellent time management skills and self-motivation.
- Hotel product and industry knowledge, i.e., staffing, operations, safety, security, structural, terminology, fire, police and health codes, hotel policies, city ordinances.
- Quantitative processing of data via office machine equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations.
- Proficiency in the use and operation of computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, CI/TY, Market Vision, Internet, CMX and MGS.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
- Possess a good conceptual understanding of electronic devices and the ability to operate such items as copy machines, LCD projectors, microphones, computers, portable radios, etc.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Assist the DOE with the human resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.