Franchised IT Service Technician
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001YQG
Job Category Information Technology
Location Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection, Tampa, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging & Development. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position is responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and advice to hotel staff and guests using computers and computer peripherals. He/she will troubleshoot and diagnose issues as reported by staff, gather data to identify staff needs and then use that information to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements. He/she will also assist other IT staff to conduct user training in the proper use of new hardware and software as it is introduced. He/She will work with corporate IT staff as needed or in conjunction on certain projects or escalations.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive, configure, install and support computer hardware and peripherals in a networked environment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware and software issues for users in their workspace
- Assist the Network Administrator and other IT staff in the roll-out of network, operating system and software upgrades and patches as those requirements arise
- Use common hand tools, diagnostic and predictive software and tools to perform routine maintenance and upgrades on computers, peripherals and network hardware and appliances
- Perform other departmental duties as may be required by Management
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and hazard free work environment
- Ability to assist with AV needs including setting up projectors, laptops, and basic AV needs.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in a computer related discipline is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in computer hardware support and maintenance is preferred
- Previous Hotel or Hospitality experience a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.