Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001YPM
Job Category Administrative
Location Fresno Clovis TPS (F), Clovis, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand TownePlace Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Axis Hotel Group Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work. Comply with and advise staff of formal policies and procedures, identify options and resolve issues.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Meet or exceed established goals. Maximize room revenues and achieve Revenue Growth and Revenue Per Available Room goals.
- Develop and monitor the performance of financial and operational plans/budgets and sales and marketing plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation. Control labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Generate well written commentary and correct departmental control issues.
- Generate and execute capital expenditure plans for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and elevate brand loyalty.
- Oversee the guest service function to ensure guest complaints are resolved appropriately and that service recovery gestures are made in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Achieve and maintain overall satisfaction scores as determined by the company.
- Ensure that brand standards are met in all areas of the hotel; establish and maintain preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Achieve productivity and quality goals.
- Ensure the development and implementation of programs and events that foster a positive work environment, e.g., new employee orientation, employee recognition programs, harassment-free workplace training, etc.
- Establish performance goals for employees and provide regular feedback. Develop a succession plan to ensure adequate future bench strength. Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Achieve established Workers Compensation and safety compliance goals. Comply with all standards and inspection requirements.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the local community.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments, regional contacts, and corporate office.
- Interact with outside contacts: Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction; Owners and/or Principals - regarding operational updates and current issues; Vendors - to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.; Regulatory agencies - regarding safety and compliance matters; Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior general management experience or experience in a hotel setting is a must.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.