Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001YPH
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Michigan Avenue Chicago, Chicago, Illinois VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - http://www.heihotels.com/join-us/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Merritt Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room rental.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
- For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
- HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Experience, Skills and Knowledg
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.