Food Safety Support
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001YEY
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Assist the Cluster food safety manager in preparing trainings, information boards and any other kinds of posters etc.
To determine on daily walk throughs non compliances, report through the correct channels and to check if standards set and given by Marriott Global Food Safety are followed, based on the 43 point /kitchen Assurance list.
Ensure that Brand Standards are met on a daily basis and know them, as well as the Dubai Food Code.
As cleanliness and disinfection is crucial to be effective, the same must be checked on daily and communicated to the stewarding department
Support the stewarding department with any food safety related needs
Conducts regular inspections of all food handling areas, bars, pantries, rooms amenities, staff locker rooms, behavior of staff which may be a potential food safety issue, assures compliance with sanitation standards and discusses observations with staff concerned and / or with departmental heads / supervisors for action.
Ensure sick food handlers especially kitchen staff & food and beverage staff are not preparing or handling food or serving food.
Inspects, analyzes and identifies food safety risks in purchasing, receiving, storage and preparation of food and beverage.
Monthly food sampling
- Support in the data collection and recording of guest and supplier complaints.
- Conduct trial runs as and when scheduled and/or needed.
- Conduct administrative duties as and when required.
- Provide feedback to the Head Chef and culinary team/F&B team on all matters relating to day-to-day hygiene and food safety and long term hygiene issues.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Check kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
- Follow guidelines and checklists given
- Support initiatives related to food safety
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Actively assist in maintaining a HACCP based Food Safety management system considering best practices and ensuring all 7 Principles are adhered to
- Help in risk assessments and put controls in place
- Continuously liaises with external agencies (laboratory, government enforcement officers, health practitioners, etc.) on food alerts, food safety matters and new emerging risks, which are developing in the region. For instance in cases of food borne diseases, to find out the following: location of the epidemic / outburst; which materials or ingredients may be affected; which staff may come from the area and possibility of contamination; control measures practical to the hotel context
- Communicate with team members on new revised policies and procedures to enable the implementation of the same
- Any other jobs that might be necessary to ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the Food Safety Management System