Franchised Duty Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001Y8C
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels & Properties. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters)
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Policies & Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and request using brand or property specific process (e.g LEARN, PLEASED, guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight and build trust.
- Address guest s service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest s name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guest s service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals withn guidelines (e.g., escorting the when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out the way.)
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one s voice, using the caller s name, transferring calls to appropriate
- requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guest and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, or manager discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g. mobile and two-way radios, email
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities and technical and technical and service aspect of the job.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Assist management in counselling employees on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Encourage and motivate to perform their best, take responsibility for task and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Listen to employee s suggestions for improving how work is done and how guest are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Assign and ensure work task are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions and construct and execute development plans).
- Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores."
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guest with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g. Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA) verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e. share with, separate room /tax/incidents, comp).
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g. Vingcard) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g. lost key) by verifying guest identity.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guests stay.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g. voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented and include an explanation.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guest without reservations based on availability.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures). Identify any special requests and check reports for accuracy.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Run credit card authorization and report check for discrepancies.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Guests Services
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g. Bellperson, Frontdesk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Answer, record and process all guest calls, requests, questions or concerns.
- Follow up guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Accept and record wake-up call request and deliver to appropriate department.
- Delighted to serve
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest related issues.
- Process all payments types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications
- Provide change to guests.
- Obtain manual authorization and follow all Accounting procedures when computer system is down.
- Cash guests personal checks and traveller s checks
- Count bank at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g. problems processing credit cards)."
This company is an equal opportunity employer.