Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001Y8B
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Courtyard Chevy Chase, Chevy Chase, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at:- ADINA.SERKEDAKIS@CYCHEVYCHASE.COM
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Courtyard Chevy Chase. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Title: Restaurant Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Supervisor: Director Food & Beverage
Effective Date: October 30, 2017
- Presents menu to guest, responds to menu time inquiries in professional and accurate manner.
- Takes guests and deliver orders following department guidelines.
- Ensure that every food and beverage items prepared are accounted check.
- Handles cash and credit card transactions according to company policies, balancing of daily receipts including but not limited to cash, voucher cards and in-house charges.
- Assists in table setting and re-resetting following established standards.
- Conformance to government and company safety, security and sanitation requirements.
- Respond to guest inquiries, complaints in a professional and urgent notice.
- Ability to comprehend daily features/specials and memorization of regular menus and beverage lists.
- Apply menu knowledge to successful suggestion selling techniques.
- Maintains cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait station and kitchen service are in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility and to satisfy state and local health board requirements.
- Presents a clean and professional at all times.
Attends all pre-meal and departmental meetings in person in order to enhance communications and gain knowledgeable information to provide quality customer service.
- Performs room service duties by taking orders, expediting room service trays, and transporting order to the questâ€™s room. Receives payment or signature for every order.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department of the hotel.
- Must have basic knowledge of customer service principles, food server function and restaurant and kitchen operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Must successfully attend company mandatory training programs, Alcohol training. Must complete the Food Safety Handling training within 90 days, and successfully complete the Server Training Program.
- Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education experience.
- Micros system is a plus
- Certification and/or License Requirement:
- Food Safety Handling
- Alcohol Awareness Program
This company is an equal opportunity employer.