Franchised Director of Catering and Events
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001Y7X
Job Category Event Management
Location Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa, Point Clear, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Catering and Events functions as the Strategic Business Leader of the hotels Catering Sales and Event Management Departments. Is responsible for the hotels Catering Sales and Event Management Teams. Position oversees the administrative processes associated with the Pre-Event and Post-Event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event phases and is also responsible for both reactive and proactive sales as it relates to social, local and group catering. The Director of Catering & Events ensures a seamless group turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. The position is responsible for achieving revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. This position manages the Catering Sales and Event Management teams and also is the primary contact for on property sales/catering for customers. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity, offering enhancements to create outstanding events, and achieves personal and team related revenue goals.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation and banquet and event service operations
- Ability to manage meeting space inventories
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage and balance group and local business
- Must be able to mentor Event managers and Catering Sales managers
- Knowledge of current trends in event management and event technology
- Ability to develop and implement successful sales strategies for individual accounts and markets.
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legalities
- Financial management skills e.g. ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred
- Certification in Meeting Planning preferred (CMP)
This company is an equal opportunity employer.