Franchised Front Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001Y7C
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Courtyard Chevy Chase, Chevy Chase, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hospitality Partners. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for welcoming guest and assigning guest rooms. Check identification and credit cards of all registered guests. Post and compile guest charges; responsible for proper processing of charges. Complete front desk check list and answer any guest questions as requested. Ideal candidate with hotel or Fosse experience is preferred.
- Report to work on time and adhere to posted shift schedule.
- Must wear appropriate uniform and maintain personal cleanliness.
- Responsible for counting cash drawer upon start and end of shift.
- Must be customer oriented and ensure guest needs are met and handled property.
- Maintain master keys are properly controlled.
- Review front desk log book for any special requests, group cover sheets, problems, etc.
- Responsible for recording and making all wake-up calls properly, as well as courtesy/welcome calls to newly arriving guests.
- Balance Prepays & Guest over Credit Limit by Room report and notify guests if additional monies or credit approvals are require or if any over the limit problems are identified.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area and ensure supplies are well stocked.
- Must have clear knowledge of the Marriott Rewards Program and complete training for all other Front Desk related programs (including and not limited to Mobile Check-In, Mobile Chat and Requests, Compass Navigating the Front Office, GuestVoice, Shaping Service etc.)
- Maintain well stocked banks and ensure all due backs and petty cash are picked up.
- Respond to all emergency situations following emergency policy and procedures detailed in the Emergency Book.
- Responsible for answering the switchboard in a timely and courteous manner.
- Responsible for completing all required shift paperwork and reports accurately and completely. Completes all end of shift closing procedures and ensure that the cash drop is accurate.
- FOSSE- Property Management System
- Calculator/Adding Machine
- Education/ Experience: Education in Hospitality is a plus.
- Fosse experience is a plus
- Certification and/or License Requirement:
- Leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizational ability.
- Customer Service.
- Able to prioritize, quickly change direction as the need arises
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
Front Desk Agent
- This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- Some lifting of up to 35 pound may be required. Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to four hours in length). Requires walking, fingering, reaching and bending frequently.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English clearly, enabling one to communicate effectively with all guests, hotel management and staff and complete all required paperwork. Interact professionally with the general public and make quick decisions.
- Must have a friendly, helpful personality enabling one to handle stress and guest relations pleasantly and effectively.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented in order to facilitate accurate completion of all required forms and procedures.
Must have a basic knowledge of local area to facilitate guest needs such as giving directions, identifying local attractions, restaurants etc.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.