Franchised Banquet Set Up Attendant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001Y6S
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, Glendale, Arizona VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers-jqh.icims.com/jobs/12122/banquet-set-up/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Atrium Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To set up all meetings, meal functions and audio visual equipment in accordance with hotel and company policies. To facilitate all customer requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Completes work assignments and follows instructions directed by supervisor or shift captain.
- Ensures all water, amenities, audio-visual and breaks are in room at least 15 minutes prior to start of meeting and refreshes during break.Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Organizes and cleans banquet storage, audiovisual area, linen storage shelves and the pop/beer cage.
- Displays good customer relation skills and takes initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Complete final breakdown of function, by cleaning and vacuuming meeting and banquet rooms, cleaning and returning equipment to its proper location, this includes storing reusable good, breaking down banquet tables, chairs, dance floor, AV set up, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens transport dirty linen to be cleaned,and secure goods and lock doors.
- Freshens all meeting rooms during meal breaks by replacing, changing cloths if necessary, refilling candy jars, replacing water glasses, refilling water pitchers, and removing garbage from meeting areas and break tables.
- Assists with meal service, change requests and getting banquet guest checks signed and turned in to the front office for proper posting.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional, maintain positive working relationship with others and support team to reach goals. Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
- Do the same task over and over frequently in the same way.
- Service Orientated Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
- None required
Benefits and EEO
- Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k with immediate vesting for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
Working for Atrium Hospitality offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional, Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, customer-centric workplace.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.