Franchised Director of Group Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001XQG
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Must have a previous and strong hotel sales background preferably in group sales.
The Director of Group Sales is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture within the sales, event management and revenue management departments for Pearl Hospitality. The Pearl Director of Group Sales must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Director of Group Sales is responsible for marketing and selling to the accounts and decision makers who book group room nights. The Director of Group Sales is responsible to drive results by increasing the overall revenue and to achieve the monthly group room night revenues and goals as well as mentoring, teaching and leading the overall sales team. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Director of Group Sales must ensure maximization of profitability yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Director of Group Sales must ensure that our associates, co-workers and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
The Director of Group Sales will also be responsible to work some manager on duty shifts as well as some evening shifts.
- Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Participate in community and industry organizations representing the hotel
- Must possess strong leadership and training skills to lead and drive the sales team
- Will have personal revenue goals as well as driving the success of achievement of the team revenue goals.
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Maximize revenue through yield management and ongoing sales calls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Conduct Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Develop and implement annual sales and revenue budget with ongoing monitoring of budget
- Must create annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Capitalize on utilizing brand promotions, marketing, sales programs and resources
- Direct coordination of cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other brand synergies
- Provide strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase hotel's share
- Forecasting strategy implementation
- Direct efforts to improve market penetration
- Oversee and maximize major distribution channels
- Responsible for identifying potential future sales managers as well as hiring, training and development
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to work some evening and manager on duty shifts when required
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.