Franchised Bistro Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001XQ9
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Courtyard Tacoma Downtown, Tacoma, Washington VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://www.hollanderhospitality.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hollander Investments. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Hollander Hospitality is seeking a Bistro Manager for our Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Tacoma, WA. The Bistro Manager ensures a superior guest experience by efficiently managing food and beverage operations while maximizing hotel profitability. Participates in total hotel management as a member of the hotel management team.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid Sick Time or Paid Time Off
- Hotel travel discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
For eligible employees:
- Holiday pay
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
Hollander Investments, Inc., based in Bellingham, WA for almost 40 years, develops and manages a unique mix of hotels and leased office space with over 400 employees in Washington and Oregon. We are committed to providing the highest quality services by exceeding guest expectations and industry standards, maintaining a professional staff of dedicated, knowledgeable and innovative people and remaining financially successful through earning a fair profit.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer
- Principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of Point of Sale systems, Micros preferred
- Food and beverage products, preparation, handling and service techniques, lounge operations, mixology and other food and beverage standard operating procedures
- Health codes, food sanitation and safety practices
Skills and Ability to:
- Meet quality standards for service and cleanliness
- Make decisions guided by established policy and procedures
- Analyze activities and information to arrive at logical conclusions and recommendations
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to convey information effectively
- Adapt to constantly changing situations and personalities ensuring quality service to all guests
- Maintain decorum in stressful situations
- Establish and maintain effective professional, courteous, constructive relationships with guests, staff and management team
- Successfully hire, train and motivate staff
- Work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel, including evenings, weekends and holidays and maintain 24-hour availability via cell phone
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management or similar preferred.
- Five years previous experience in a food and beverage environment and at least two years experience in a restaurant management or supervisory position required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit
- Valid OLCC card (OR) or ServSafe certification (WA)
This company is an equal opportunity employer.