Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job purpose of Event Services Manager is to coordinate the activities of the conference personnel and room reservations team to make arrangements for group meetings, conferences and social events.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Act as a liaison between the sales/catering and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the client needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
1. Work closely with each groups meeting planner regarding groups menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities and special VIP request.
2. Obtain all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates, and obtain all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to ensure a successful event at the property.
3. Communicate and enforce contractual agreements pertaining to meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions. The Conference Services Manager will be responsible for the compilation of all cancellation/attrition charges of their groups.
4. Responsible for the review of all bills that are sent to the client. In reviewing bills, they should be accurate and timely in order to maximize return business. Responsible for the follow up to make sure any meeting reward point has been posted.
5. Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of both the client and Hotel.
6. Assist in development, design, and implementation of custom menus.
7. Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special requests with updated Banquet Event Orders, group resumes and rooming lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all departments.
8. Communicate event details to Hotel operations staff, including food and beverage needs, audio visual requirements, function room set-up, billing, recreation, activities, dcor, and etc.
9. Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con and post-con meetings.
10. Effectively up-sell products and services throughout the pre-event planning phase to maximize profitability and achieve quarterly goal. The completion of quarterly SMART plan will be required to assist with goal achievement and upselling.
11. Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined in the BEO.
12. Handle any challenges or concerns immediately. Function as the on-site contact to client for all aspects of their events.
13. Maintain a level of professionalism and cooperation with clients as well as co-workers.
14. Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all group clients serviced by the Conference Services Manager in conjunction with the Sales and/or Catering Sales Manager.
15. Greet all clients (in rotation with MOD and other managers for rooms only groups) as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that they have all required items.
16. Participate in weekly operations meetings to communicate the upcoming group needs.
17. Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs."
"Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA):
1. Minimum 2 yearsâ€™ experience in conference serviced, preferably in an upscale hotel.
2. Accommodating room capacities, styles of room set-ups, standard equipment involved and proper handling of such.
2. Must be positive, result orientated and can work under pressure and have the ability to work a highly flexible schedule to ensure functions are serviced properly.
3. Knowledge of Delphi, including merging menus, blocking function space and creating BEO.
4. Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements to set-up, turn and break-down function spaces.
5. Great communication skills and ability to work with a diverse group of team members including sales managers and food and beverage staff.
6. Must have experience in food and beverage operations.
7. Ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and various property specific applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
9. Knowledgeable of all corporate department functions.
10. Knowledgeable with legal and contractual agreements.
11. Ability to create and price banquet menus appropriately.
12. Knowledgeable of revenue forecasting and variance preparation.
13. Knowledgeable of Top Accounts for the Hotel.
14. Well-organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up.
15. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
1. Bachelor degree - preferred
2. Hospitality or related industry experience - required
3. Previous event planning experience preferred
4. Valid Driver License - required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.