Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001X7O
Job Category Brand Management
Location Courtyard Pullman, Pullman, Washington VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stonebridge Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Explore the Palouse from our new Pullman hotel!
The new state-of- the-art lobby at Courtyard provides greater flexibility and choices for you as our guest. Plus, our well-equipped fitness center, outdoor whirlpool, and patio area will help you stay refreshed and energized. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at Courtyard is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before!
Our unique location on the Washington State University campus ensures that you receive the full experience for home football games and other events in the area!
The GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest and associate satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The General Manager will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day hotel operations.
- Embrace leading a solid team to being a better team, training and developing them to excel in their roles and continuously improve; motivate associates to exceed expectations of the guests; passionately uphold and elevate a positive work environment for the internal guests - our associates.
- The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- Works through and with management team to drive revenue and guest service.
- Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development.
- Support and communicate company goals and initiatives, promote company programs, and act as an ambassador of the company.
- Ensure the portfolio operations are functioning within the financial parameters established in the budget
- Hire qualified associates, assemble skilled and cohesive teams, manage individual and team performance, provide developmental opportunities and promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least two years General Manager Experience, in full-service hotels of similar size and caliber.
- Experience from Hilton or Marriott brands are preferred. Successful candidate must possess excellent communication, leadership and computer skills.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible hotel management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.