Food and Beverage Lead Server
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001WWX
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We are currently recruiting for an F&B Lead Server to join our Food & Beverage Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
The Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is ideally located in the heart of Edinburgh’s financial and tourist area and is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel in the city with 269 bedrooms, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities with a capacity of up to 500 and the award winning One Square Restaurant. Additionally the hotel operates the award winning One Spa™, one of Europe's premier advanced city spas.
To work with the Food & Beverage team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To be prepared to work all shifts within the outlets to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Food and Beverage team. To be responsible for the day to day operation of the outlet and to lead other members during shifts.
· Provide excellent guest service by discovering guest’s needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
· Work across all areas of Food & Beverage to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
· Help to develop and lead an empowered environment for F & B Servers by providing support, knowledge, advice and leadership.
· Direct all daily activity in the restaurant to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
· Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
· Allocate and monitor (where necessary) daily tasks to ensure all associates are utilised constructively at all times.
· When fully competent, to work with the senior team to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
· To take an active role in the coaching, counselling and discipline of associates when necessary ensuring compliance with policy and procedures.
· To be actively involved in planning promotions, working closely with the F & B Team and the Sales Team.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience within a 5 star environment. Previous supervisory experience would be preferred but not essential.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Knowledge of hotel policy and fire-safety procedures.
· 2 years’ experience within F&B Service
· Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
· Must be a Team Player – Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
· Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
· Excellent organisation skills, ability to work to deadlines and a flexible approach to work load and hours