Franchised Assistant General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001W83
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockingham, Rockingham, North Carolina VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Western Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Exciting opportunity to become part of the management team at the all NEW Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in Rockingham, NC! The areas newest and trendiest designed hotel.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites opened December/2017. Our management team is growing and now seeking an experienced and eager Assistant General Manager. This challenging, but rewarding position has the overall responsibility for managing the operations of the hotel to maximize profitability, ensure superior service and product quality, and drive brand and value initiatives, hotel performance, and the development of people and communication between departments.
The ideal AGM candidate will be one that is looking to continue their career path in hospitality. The Assistant General Manager position may evolve into the General Manager's position within the year with proven results as evaluated by the current/acting General Manager and ownership group.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of the front/back of the house operations as well as seeing to the guests needs as necessary. The position directly supports the General Manager. The ideal candidate is one that is "always a student" and eager to continue to expand their career path within hospitality management and grow with Western Hospitality Group, Inc.
Our company constantly strives for high customer satisfaction scores as well as surpassing financial expectations, all of which result in top rankings within their respective markets.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree preferred and have 2-3 years in hotel management experience (preferably with Marriott or Hilton) and live within 45 minutes of hotel or equivalent combination of education and experience combined. Strong ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Valid driver's license required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust, but more importantly instills in others a sense of price in their job at hand.
- Performs majority of the functions of the General Manager in his/her absence with strong focus of proper and quick communication and follow-up.
- Ability to meet the demands of the assigned work schedule and the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours due to call off's, schedule changes, etc. Schedules may vary based on business needs to include nights and weekends.
- AGM must be willing to work a minimum of 3 desk shifts/week.
- Staying current on all required franchise training and standards guidelines for front office, housekeeping, maintenance and food service departments.
- Diffuses all guest/employee complaints promptly and professionally. In addition, solicits guest feedback to improve product and service for future growth.
- Directly supervises all staff at the Front Desk and Food Service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in Housekeeping, Engineering and all departments accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems under General Manager guidance and approval.
- A "people person" with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- Make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning the brand and management company resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and be able to recognize when no action is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.