Franchised Maintenance Attendant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001W7X
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, Washington, District of Columbia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stonebridge Companies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Currently looking for a talented FULL-TIME Maintenance Attendant at the ALL NEW Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Led by the Chief Engineer, this position will assist with building upkeep and repair.
Located less than a block from the Nationals baseball stadium, across the street from the Navy Yard-Ballpark metro station, this 170-room Residence Inn hotel opened in 2017.
The purpose of a MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT is to perform routine property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor utilities and assist in ensuring the safety of guests and associates in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests questions, complaints or requests.
- Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
- Conduct inspections for Preventative Maintenance needs.
- Ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
- Completes assigned work orders in a timely manner and within specifications.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
- Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
- Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards:
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
- Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance:
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The work environment normally entails the following:
- Ability to work in all types of inclement weather conditions
- 1/3 to 2/3 of time working near mechanical parts, with vibration and risk of electrical shock, and in high, precarious places, on ladders and in extreme cold and heat.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Moderate to occasional loud noise levels consistent with hotel environment
This company is an equal opportunity employer.