Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001W7J
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Courtyard Oklahoma City Downtown, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers-jqh.icims.com/jobs/11820/chief-engineer/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Atrium Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To supervise maintenance operations - i.e., refrigeration, heating, plumbing, etc., maintaining standards.
- Supervise, develop and maintain ongoing maintenance operation for hotel, including refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventive maintenance, hotel rooms, A/H units, ice machines, pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, etc.
- Ensure projects are completed according to specifications and on time by studying work schedules and estimating worker-hour requirements for completion. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Work closely with Housekeeper and Front Desk Manager to ensure coordination of activities. May confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Aid and instruct craftsmen in scheduling work, ordering material and completing assignments by a specified date. May estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Meet with architects to discuss blueprints, contacts contractors to submit bids for new construction, and meets with construction supervisors to discuss different phases of work.
- Perform work within departmental expense plans.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving problems. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers. Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as training, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Reward employees who meet/exceed expectations. Confer with workers' representatives.
- Interprets specifications, job orders, and company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, recommends measures to improve production.
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct grammar and well-modulated voice.
Ability to understand the technologies required in the work you are directing.
Benefits and EEO
Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k with immediate vesting for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- Working for Atrium Hospitality offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional, Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, customer-centric workplace.
Atrium Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Vocational Institution Certificate and completion of apprenticeship in plumbing/electrical repair.
Two (2) years supervisory experience in the maintenance field and three (3) years experience in the plumbing, electrical, and painting trades; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.