Franchised Prep Cook
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001W02
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location AC Hotel Portland Downtown, Portland, Oregon VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://sagehospitality.jobs/portland-or/prep-cook/AA551747C4554908BF140DF7FE9C289D/job/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; doesnt have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pain of others.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesnt show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Relates well to all kinds of people “ up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Minimal hearing necessary to hear equipment, timers, etc.
- Moderate vision required to check quality and portions of food.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
- Mobility: Regularly moves all around kitchen.
- Continuous standing: To complete a task, may be stationary for short periods of time.
High school education or equivalent experience.
Minimum one year food service or related work.
- Chemicals/Agents: grease strip, bleach, grease cutter, Lime Away.
- Protective Clothing: hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, safety shoes - approximately 100% of 8 hour shift.
- Deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.
Inside 100% of 8 hour shift. Going in the freezer temperatures can be -10 degrees. On the front line, temperatures can be over 100 degrees.
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
This company is an equal opportunity employer.