Residences Dir-Engineering (RCDCR)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001VYX
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Ritz-Carlton Baltimore Residen, Baltimore, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manage Engineering operations for interior/exterior facilities including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating, cooling, structural, ground care and parking areas. Manage other engineering work necessary to maintain the property in an optimum and efficient condition to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees.
- Ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to maintain property standards, policies and procedures with staff.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to think clearly under high pressure or emergency situations.
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with staff and other departments.
- Ability to organize, direct, plan and control all engineering activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively maintain all equipment so less than 20% of all engineering personnel time is spent on reactive maintenance.
- Assist in leading daily line-ups to insure the Ritz-Carlton philosophy is known and energized by all staff members; participate in departmental meetings.
- Support TQM, lead problem-solving team meetings, manage Good Idea Boards and strive to continuously improve.
- Attend necessary meetings and functions to show support and provide input towards the success of the property.
- Maintain knowledge of property features/services, hours of operation, current residents in house, etc. to ensure work orders are scheduled around critical times.
- Review daily log books prior to the shift starting and discuss any opportunities with the Director of Facilities before delegating work assignments.
- Promote open-door policy among staff members; Identify and resolve performance problems not in line with company standards; consistently apply property standards/procedures in evaluation and discipline of staff; Administer fair employee performance appraisals in a timely manner.
- Manage the Property Management System; Utilize the Property Management system to maintain the property and grounds at the highest possible standards.
- Maintain the residences and public areas utilizing the preventive maintenance program.
- Manage key control system and recycling program.
- Conserve energy by maintaining the utility management program.
- Inspect and maintain all building systems and life-safety systems to insure minimum down-time, expense and discomfort to our guests.
- Interview and select applicants as needed, utilizing the Quality Selection Process.
- Achieve objectives through direction and delegation.
- Set standards for the department in image, appearance and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations; return business telephone calls the same day.
- Maintain a productive weekly work schedule and manage payroll to achieve forecast.
- Manage the purchasing, inventory and price value relationship of all parts and tools.
- Coordinate carpentry projects and control all painting and decorating projects.
- Oversee maintenance of plumbing systems, grounds and landscaping, swimming pool water features, the Central Plant, HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, electrical systems, sewage systems.
- Learn, understand and energize The Ritz-Carlton Gold Standards among Engineering staff.
- Ensure employees maintain safe conditions and procedures in work areas and other associated areas.
- Ensure each employee successfully completes the Training Certification Process and reviews all departmental safety information (i.e. JHA's and MSDS's).
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with property/company standards; react and assist in property emergency situations as needed.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. and equivalent vocational training.
- 3+ years of experience in building maintenance.
- Certified in (at least 3) property engineering/maintenance positions.
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of engineering/maintenance (i.e. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Ability to communicate with residents, suppliers, employees to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication
- Engineering Degree or technical equivalent preferred
- 5+ years experience in building maintenance/engineering preferred.
- Active involvement in college level business or technical courses preferred
Completion or participating in Engineer Manpower Development Process I preferred