Franchised Convention Services Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001VRI
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://www.interstatehotels.com/careers/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interstate Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- CI/TY experience is a plus
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
- Executing Event Operations
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
- Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
- Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
- Reviews billing and payments with clients.
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
- Follows up with customer post-event.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.