Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001VQZ
Job Category Brand Management
Location Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway, Largo, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - mailto:email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Tharaldson Hospitality Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Ensures compliance with company/franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees Ensures staff received proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls on a regular basis
- Performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions
- Inspects guests rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly paperwork Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures
- Available 24/7 with reliable transportation
- All other duties as assigned.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentations skills
- Team Work Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
- Managing People Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Quality Management Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Diversity Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism, - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity Strives to increase productivity
- Safety and Security Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Bachelor degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word processing software; spreadsheet software and Internet software.
- Valid Driver License required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.