Executive Lounge Attendant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001V0X
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Executive Lounge attendant is responsible for delivering five-star service for our Executive Lounge guests. Will be responsible for the food & beverage service in the lounge throughout the day. Drive guest engagement and preference collection in the lounge. Be JW Marriott brand ambassadors. Must be knowledgeable about hotel facilities and services.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – n/a
- Preferred experience in F&B and or Hotel Operations
- Hotel experience will be an added value, experience in the Middle East.
- Excellent communication skills
- Handling VIP guests
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Basic computer skills and English language (written and spoken)
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- High School, Diploma, Degree education or equivalent required
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Complete daily shift checklist
- Be knowledgeable of Food Safety & Hygiene Standards
- Excellent knowledge on food and beverage offerings and pairings
- Attend Daily Rehearsals and 15 Minute trainings
- Order Executive Lounge food and beverage inventory using the FMC / Birchstreet program.
- Requisition for service ware, utensils, linens, buffet set-up
- To be a champion of GSS key drivers: “Staff anticipated guest needs” and “problem was resolved on first contact”.
- To be a part of the campaign to collect guest preferences to help personalize the guest experience
- Practice proper food handling procedures
- Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- To have knowledge of hotel/restaurant promotions/opening hours/services offered.
- To have knowledge of room types and locations within the hotel.
- Reporting for duty on time and based on the daily schedule.
- Picking up all food items for breakfast/afternoon tea/happy hour/midnight snack from the kitchen.
- Performing the set up for breakfast/afternoon tea/happy hour/midnight snack.
- Monitoring and recording of guests who enter and utilize the Executive Lounge.
- Assisting the guest at their tables and offering them drinks.
- Sale of drinks and food outside of the cocktail hours to maximize Hotel revenue.
- Taking good care of the guest and being sure to maintain the cleanliness of their table.
- Staff responsibilities include washing of cutleries, glasses and plates/cups.
- Responsible for breaking down of the buffets in the cold kitchen area.
- Pick up all the drinks and food request from the storerooms/kitchens.
- Conducting side duties: cleaning the kitchen, refilling sugar bowls and polishing all the silver ware etc.
- It is the responsibility of the PM shift should set up the table for breakfast.
- Surrender the keys for the executive lounge at the security.
- Have full knowledge of all VIPs arrivals. Maintain a close working relationship with Executive Lounge and general Front Office.
- Maintaining “clean as you go policy”.
- Updating guest data/preference in “Opera”.
- Develop, build and utilize concierge/business centre knowledge.
- Excellent communication with the rest of the staff.
- Follow hotel standard and adhering to all Marriott policies.
- Adhere to all hygiene standards whilst completing necessary forms and returning them to designated departments.
- To ensure that all Guests receive personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the hotel’s facilities.
- Provide all guests with prompt and courteous service assuring complete guest satisfaction and guest retention.
- Collecting as much useful information about the guests, related to their preferences as well as previous issues and adhering to the proper log in procedures.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a Supervisor/Manager.
- Report any technical deficiencies to the concerned department and immediate Manager and follow through with assignment.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times (incl. name badge).
- Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates through the use of handovers, logbook, daily packet and other tools.
- To ensure that all Guest concerns, complaints and compliments are resolved and addressed in an appropriate manner.
- To oversee all business facilities and ensure that equipment is maintained in the Executive Lounge meeting room.
- To assist Guests with general enquiries, arrange bookings, ticket reconfirmation and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed according to the Daily Packet arrival experience details.
- Handle all stationary inventory accurately and maintain supplies at a proper level.
- Ensure white board is kept updated in the Executive Lounge and back office areas are kept clean.
- Proactively offer Executive Level Services/up sell.
- Balance Scorecard Results : Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Ensure that all assigned and or mandatory trainings are completed on time.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.