Guest Relations Agent - Arabic Speaker
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001UZO
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Ensuring lobby coverage at all times and special attention in serving VIPs and Elite members.
Serving guest at the front desk, executive lounge reception (if necessary) and main lobby while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient courteous and professional manner by following Marriott Standards. Creating memorable experiences for our accomplished guests especially looking after the Elite members.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Customer services/contact.
- Hotel/hospitality experience especially in the Middle East will be an added value.
- Excellent command of English oral and written communication skills – Arabic or other European Language is an added advantage
- Opera knowledge
- Tolerant for all guests and colleagues (regardless of race, sex, color or religion)
- Diplomatic and positive
- Proactive and responsible
- Ability to take simple decisions
- A people’s person
- Fast Learner
- Team player
- Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds, cultures, etc.
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to multi tasks
- Should be flexible and able to work in shifts
- Ability to handle cash
- Have knowledge of selling skills
- Knowledge of Dubai is preferred but not essential
- Basic accounting skills
- College Graduate-Preferred
- Hotel School is an added advantage-Preferred
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag, griffin, service note, etc.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times (incl. name badge, griffin, service note, etc.).
- Ensuring lobby coverage at all times and special attention in serving VIPs and Elite members.
- Perform “In Room Check-in” to assigned VIPs and Elite members.
- Coordinate with Transportation Desk to ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of guests and whenever possible welcome them at the main drive and assist with check-in
- Follow the department check-list and task.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for info
- Get a daily briefing about all special events
- Have knowledge about all room rates, discounts and promotions and know how to handle it
- Have knowledge about all guest rooms, features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel
- Check in the guest according to SOP & LSOP and Job aids
- Follow all cash handling procedures and be able to check out all guests properly
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by Management
- Operate MARSHA / OPERA and other systems as required
- Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards, Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
- Know the Brand Standard Audit Points and conform adherence
- Answer the telephone according to telephone etiquette as laid down by Marriott Standards
- Know the procedure to handle safety deposit boxes
- Handle email and messages in compliance with guidelines laid down and in a confidential manner
- Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of the Lobby and other work areas
- Ensure that all guest problems are solved by using LEARN/GUEST models and escalated properly
- Assist fellow associates on their jobs to ensure completion of all jobs on time
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and know how to act on them when required
- Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed, met and greeted, offered welcome drinks and/or cold towels (depending on brand) and escorted to the elevators and/or room according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
- Use password with discretion and follow all policies laid down by Marriott Intl. with regards to PCI.
- Be familiar with all local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorized by a manager.
- Close shift at the end of the day by strictly following the blind drop closing procedures.
- Front desk/Guest Relations leader will always verify your shift closing.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a Manager.
- Act as a hotel and brand ambassador at all times.
- Be proactive in anticipating guest needs and ensure lobby presence is maintained at all times.
- Be familiar with daily checklists/events/arrival-departure trend of your shift to ensure smooth operations.
- Initiate and Involve in additional projects and duties as assigned by leaders and ensure the tasks are done within the deadline
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.