Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001UZB
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To welcome and escort our Guests, ensure that their luggage is handled as per brand standards of Marriott International, focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represent concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Maintain the flow of guest traffic and direct guests within the Lobby.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
- Similar experience, Traffic Management, Security personal, local knowledge.
- Fluent English Speaking, Local Knowledge ,Traffic Management, Arabic Speaking-(Preferred)
- Higher Secondary Education.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Ensure all guests are Welcomed to the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai as per Marriott International Brand standards verbiage.
- To assist all arriving guests by car, taxi or limo by opening the car door and helping to unload their luggage.
- Ensure luggage carts are neatly arranged in their designated area at all times.
- Identify and confirm with the Guest total number of pieces unloaded from the car and issue luggage tag.
- Fills in all details pertaining to the information of the luggage tag, Guest name, Date, time, number of pieces and associate name.
- Supply a copy of the luggage sticker at the bell desk with your name to identify and send luggage to guest room according to the name by the bell captain
- Demonstrate Aggressive hospitality and guest engagement at all times.
- Support the implementation of “1st 10” program according to local government regulations.
- Follow up of received luggage every 15 minutes to ensure no delay in delivery of luggage.
- Store the luggage only at permitted areas and attend the luggage at all times while in public areas.
- Bending, Stooping and Lifting a weight of 30 lbs or more may be required.
- Be familiar with all hotel facilities and their hours of operation.
- Maintain clear driveway directly in front of the hotel by politely encouraging guests to clear the traffic once they have been welcomed or gracious goodbye.
- Never to leave entrance unattended by assuring coverage at all times.
- Have knowledge of basic Opera PMS skills example. Guest name and room number enquiry.
- Know the arrival guest’s name and preferences picked up from Airport by hotel car.
- Maintain a straight and alert position in the hotel Entrance; do not form groups when not busy.
- Keep front porch area and front doors and windows clean and tidy.
- Maintains flow of Taxi’s at all times and not allowing any loitering of taxis at all times.
- Take the initiative through Empowerment to ensure complete Guest Satisfaction.
- Be familiar with local area and location of Company offices, banking institutions, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc.
- Ensure flags are clean at all times.
- Keep logs updated with accurate information at all times.
- Be security conscious at all times, inform manager of anything suspicious.
- Report any accidents immediately to the immediate leaders.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Actively participate in the Quality improvement process.
- Maintain close working relationships with other departments.
- Be diplomatic and respect the privacy of our Guests.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Adheres to the compliance of booking high risk activities, tours, and transportation to those contracted by the hotel and follows Marriott Verbiage if any other requests made by guest directly for other companies.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name at all times.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Follows tips process set in the department and displays positive relationship within the department and other departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.